4/28/14

Influenster MKGlam VoxBox

Today I got another new voxbox in the mail! This one I was really excited for because I have never tried Mary Kay products before! And hello..? Who doesn't love trying out new cosmetics? I know I am obsessed with them and so this voxbox is right up my alley!! 
 This voxbox is called the MKGlam VoxBox, which features 9 products solely from Mary Kay! 


Disclosure: I received the following products for free courtesy of Influenster for testing/reviewing purposes. 

For more information on Influenster, please visit www.Influenster.com
For more information on Mary Kay, please visit @MaryKay on Twitter

Here is the voxbox! 


The overall look at the contents in my box!

Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist
Retails for $14

This was my first time using cream eye shadow that wasn't in a stick. I actually like the texture. Applied very evenly and dried very quickly. The color is very pretty in person also. Perfect for that summer glow to your eyes! 

Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush
Retails for $12

I swear to you, this is almost a perfect dupe for NARS Orgasm! I swatched both blushes and came up with a really close comparison. You can hardly tell the difference. Here are the two side-by-side. NARS on the left looks more pink, and the Mary Kay blush looks more coral. 




Bottom swatch is NARS and to swatch is Mary Kay.  Very similar!! 
The Mary Kay blush doesn't pick up onto the blush brush as much as I had hoped in just one sweep, but with several, you can basically build up the color you want to achieve. Leaves cheeks very sun-kissed and peachy! 




 Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Mango Tango
Retails for $14

This was definitely and INTENSE shade. Oh my lanta, it's very...Orange! 
I think out of everything in this voxbox, this was my least favorite product. The choice of color was not for me. Way too bright! But that aside, the product is very thick. Reinserting the wand back into the tube is kind of a pain. The product is so thick that it doesn't go back as effortlessly as it could.   I will say that the bright orange color faded fast, and the left overs left my lips with a pleasant color that was almost nude.  No room for color building. This product is intense with the first application. 






Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder
Retails for $16

This powder is a shine control powder! This one in particular is very nice because it has a sifter in the jar and that helps with controlling how much you want to use and how little you will spill! 
I brushed this to get a feel for it. It's fragrance free which is great and it definitely helps to make shine disappear! Lasts for a while too.  I say this is a must have for anybody!



I got 2 free Mary Kay cosmetic brushes included!! What? So awesome!! 




 1-Mary Kay Powder Brush
Retails for $16

The bristles are so soft. I like the quality of this brush. Even used it to sample products and felt it did a really nice job applying evenly, and picking up the right amount. I feel this brush will last me quite a while. 



1-Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush
Retails for $10

Again, this brush was so soft.  I used it to apply the cream eye color and it applied the product beautifully to my eyelids. This brush is definitely a keeper. 



Mary Kay Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium
Retails for $18

This bronzer was okay. Nothing fantastic, and definitely not my favorite.  Here is a swatch of the bronzer next to the Mary Kay blush.   This bronzer didn't even make my skin bronzed! It had too much shimmer in it and was not pigmented enough. Seemed more like an eyeshadow or a medium toned highlighter.  The color was not buildable. 







Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in Black
Retails for $15 
This mascara had a nice wand. It separated my lashes really well and the black mascara was true to color. After a wearing all day, it still had no fall out and didn't flake onto my face. Would consider repurchasing in the future.




  Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner with Expandable Brush Applicator in Jet Black
Retails for $18

This was my first time using a gel based eyeliner from a jar. I was really impressed. This product was VERY black and very easy to apply. Went on smooth. Came with a small and very precise applicator brush with its own cap to keep it nice and covered when not in use. Product dried fast and did not have any creases or cracks into it. Lasted all day and didn't smear either.  I definitely am pleased with this eyeliner.  This jar will last me forever!



One thing I loved about this voxbox was that there was a MK catalog included which showed different makeup looks, showed spring break essentials, and of course had products listed that were used to create each look.  



Here are two of my own personal #MKGlam looks using all of the products sent to me. 
One thing I want to make note of that I did, was after I applied the cream eye shadow to my eyelids, I then applied the blush to the outter corners of my eyes to give them more pop of color.  I like this look because it helped my blue eyes stand out. 
I felt this look was very peachy and perfect for Spring. I also decided to fill in my eyebrows in this next photo for a more defined look, and I added more bronzer to my cheeks than before, and blotted off most of the orange lip gloss, which left my lips almost nude with a hint of that sun-kissed look! 



Overall, I have to say, I really enjoyed this Mary Kay #MKGlam Voxbox. I had never tried Mary Kay products before, but now that I know there are quite a few that I like, I am sure I will recommend these to my friends and purchase them for myself!






















Thanks @Influenster once again for choosing me to review some more awesome products. 



April Showers Bring May Flowers.