2/6/15

Snack Time! Homemade Tortilla Chips!



I don't know about you, but I love snacking with tortilla chips, especially homemade tortilla chips!
It is really simple to make your own. All you need is your favorite type of tortilla, and some oil to cook them in. You can choose to bake, deep fry or pan fry them as well.  

For mine, I used Carapelli EVOO (For those not familiar with that term or Rachel Ray who says "EVOO" all the time, that means Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Mission White Corn Tortillas (Yellow is fine for this as well!), and Red Robin Seasoning for flavor. 

To begin, I put my stove on medium heat setting, put some EVOO on my skillet, and then stacked several tortillas together and cut them in 4 quarters to keep them pretty even and chip shaped.  Then I placed them in the skillet for 5 minutes on one side, seasoned them, and then flipped them for 5 minutes on the other side. They are done when they are crispy and golden! Cook them longer if you like them even more crispy! And that's it!  

Oh and one more thing, I paired mine with Tostitos Queso Blanco cheese dip and I diced up an avocado to eat with. So full of flavor and YUM!   

I like to make these with cinnamon & sugar also for my daughters with a fruit dip. You can do whatever you want when it's homemade!  
Hope you enjoy these photos! Thanks for stopping by!













Happy snacking!
XO,