3/9/15

Turquoise hair & Lip Ring!

Welcome back to my blog. How are you?? I am doing as good as I can. Before you assume... the answer is no. NO, I am not going through a midlife or identity crisis.  I'm not a "closet freak" as I was recently asked either. Hahaha. I just made another hair change. I had rocked a lovely red fro for about 5 months and found myself very bored, so I started constantly pinning teal hair onto my Pinterest, and out of nowhere, I did it.  Oh and I pierced my lower lip. Wut?!  That makes me a freak?  Yayyyy! I have always wanted to stand out and do my own thing! Everybody who knows me, knows that I have always been a leader and not a follower. I do what I want. Not for you. I do it for me. What I wanted was to change my appearance. Although, I should have done this probably about 10 years ago.  It seemed super impulsive & fun to do now! Yeahhhhh. I love it. Hubs loves it too. He used to rock a lip ring and black spikey hair back in the day. /swoon   #yolo




 I bought the following with my own money  prior to doing my hair at home. (Note: I am NOT a professional, but I have been coloring my hair for 17 years on my own, so I have experience!)


Ion Sensitive Scalp 30 Volume Developer,  Quick Blue Bleach packet (x2), Coconut Oil Hair Serum, Ion Color Solutions Intense Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner, Vidal Sassoon Conditioner, Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise Hair Color (x2), bowl and mixing brush.    Off to the side I had gloves, a robe and an old towel also. 

Clairol Shimmer Lights Purple Shampoo for toning down the brass! 



First bleach my hair looked like:


2nd bleach looked pretty yellow! Goodbye red! Hello blonde!


And Turquoise! 







2 weeks post hair color! It's faded, but still vibrant.

(This image on Pinterest is what sparked my interest for blue hair!) 


 This is me!


I decided to only rock the blue for about 3 weeks and then I went blonde again! My next hair color adventure awaits!