4/22/15

Book Review: Only God Can Make A Kitten by Rhonda Gowler Greene



I got a new children's book last week to read with my daughters and I must say it was very well received.   I chose this particular book because I am always choosing books by their cover without knowing what the story is about. I recently just got my daughter's their very first pet and it was a cat, so I figured this cute book would be some what relatable to us just from what was on the cover. 

I was right. The book I chose was:

Only God Can Make a Kitten by Rhonda Gowler Greene & Laura J. Bryant 
ISBN: 978-0-910-73170-2
Juvenile Fiction/Religious/Christian/General


The book is about Mom and her inquisitive little boy and their small conversations about creation and where things come from.  The answer to all of her questions is that God made everything. It's very well written to where little children can follow along. What I loved was on the very first page, there was a Bible verse that read: 
"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." Genesis 1:31

This book has beautiful illustrations, and poetic verses that rhyme and you can almost catch your children knowing what the next rhyming word will be if they're listening closely. The story comes to a beautiful ending too when the Mom summarizes everything God makes, including kittens and then says, "But best of all, God made..."

YOU!



My girls (ages 4 & 6) loved this story, as did I reading it to them. 


Only God Can Make a Kitten retails for $12.99

For more information on this book, please visit: Zonderkids.com

The author Rhonda Gowler Greene is also the author of over 20 picture books and have recieved many honors for her work. To learn more about her, you can visit her on the web at www.rhondagowlergreene.com

Laura J. Bryant, the illustrator has illustrated many books and has several best sellers. Visit her on the web at www.LauraBryant.com




*This book was sent to me complimentary for review purposes.*


xo