5/6/15

Book Review: Henry Hodges Needs A Friend

Are you a one-of-a-kind person? Of course you are! 
So chances are, that you need a one-of-a-kind friend!


Henry Hodges Needs a Friend by Andy Andrews
Illustrated by Colleen Madden
ISBN: 052911576X
Retails for : $14.99
Appropriate for Ages: 4-8

(This was sent to me complimentary in exchange for my honest review! )

Henry Hodges Needs a Friend is an adorably fun story about a little boy who found himself extremely lonely. Henry didn't care for playing with toys and really had no friends. One day his parents tell him they'll find him a one-of-a-kind friend and the story details his imagination as it runs wild, trying to imagine what special friend he'll get.  In the end, he's very happy and we're reminded that  if we're lonely or sad, God knows just what we need. 




First of all the bright yellow cover is what drew me to choosing to review this book. The illustrations were beautiful!  Both covers had great illustrations and the font was large and easy to read. 


The internal illustrations on each page were just as colorful and beautiful, and went well with the story.  My children don't read yet, but they love looking through the pictures.


I loved the poetic style of writing. The rhyming words had my daughter's guessing along with me, what the next lines would say! Very interactive! 


Here is my 4 and 6 year old daughters checking out the pictures and "reading" it to themselves. :) 
 


Overall, this was a wonderful children's book. Children get lonely too easily, especially if you're children aren't close together in age, or if they're an only child. Recently my daughter's got their very first pet... a cat that they named Bella, and she keeps them from feeling lonely! I feel this story was relatable and perfect for their ages. I would recommend this to anybody with children or grandchildren!