10/20/15

Book Review: She's Almost A Teenager By Larson, & Arp


Essential Conversations to Have Now
She's Almost A Teenager
By: Peter & Heather Larson
David & Claudia Arp

ISBN: 978-0-7642-1136-2
Retails for: $12.99


ABOUT: 
This faith-based parenting book is suggested for parents of pre-teen girls to help their daughters navigate through the difficult years by presenting a series of  meaningful conversations and talking points. 





IMPRESSION: 
This book was beautifully written. The cover photo was cute. I enjoyed the bright orange-yellow cover. This book is an easy read. The authors are relatable and share their own experiences throughout. 

As a Mom of 3 young daughters who will eventually become teenagers & almost teenagers, this book will help me out in the future when my children are faced with emotional challenges and have difficult questions to ask. I feel this book will be more of a tool and I can use some of the advice from it, to communicate expectations effectively with my daughters. There were 8 conversation topics throughout and different conversation starters.  I think these are great prompts.  I don't know yet what will apply to us later on, but it's good to have a reference book handy. The 8 Conversations included were: 
 
1. Big Picture Talk
2. The Friends Talk
3. The Academics Talk
4. The Body Talk
5. The Faith Talk
6. The Boys Talk
7. The Money Talk
8. The Tech Talk

  I will suggest this book to my friends with adolescent children, and not just those to daughters. I feel sons could benefit from the same type of conversations. 

 

  






*This book was sent to me complimentary from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review.*