12/6/15

Book Review: Hipster Animals: A Field Guide By Dyna Moe

 
Hipster Animals
A Field Guide
By Dyna Moe
ISBN: 978-1-60774-791-8
Retails for $14.99
Humor/Parody

About: 
Hipster Animals A Field Guide is an illustrated pocket guide to the hipsters across America. This book helps the reader identify these urban wildlife in their natural habitats. 


Summary:
I absolutely loved this book because I too, am a hipster animal! This book is not only funny, it's informative and all of the references in here are sure to get anybody laughing. The sarcastic tone is mild but legit. The purpose of this book is to poke fun at pop culture stereotypes of those who classify as hipster. There are so many types and by reading this book, you can pinpoint what your friends are, what your family members may be, and you might discover your own inner spirit animal. 

What's neat is this book also covers varying food trucks, what to buy at a farmer's market, most popular haircuts, and the Gentrification Cycle. The illustrations are seriously so good. Very bright and colorful and very well thought of. Each one helps bring the character descriptions to life.
 I seriously cracked up at a lot of them! 

I'd definitely recommend this book to anybody who takes life too seriously.
I think I've found a new favorite author! 





*FTC DISCLAIMER: This book was sent to me complimentary of Blogging For Books, in exchange for my review!*