5/20/16

Book Review: Faith By Lyn Cote

Faith
By Lyn Cote
ISBN: 978-1-4143-7563-2
Historical Fiction/Christian
Retails for $14.99



ABOUT:

Quakeress Faith Cathwell never imagined she'd find herself on the battlefield during the Civil War, but she had a gift for nursing and abolition. Her childhood friend Shiloh was kidnapped and sold by slave catchers. With the help of Colonel Devlin Knight who finds himself indebted to Faith for saving is cousin's life.. the two of them find their attractions for each other growing and quickly learn that the only thing more dangerous than war that is surrounding them is the battle in their hearts.


IMPRESSION:

Without having read the first two books in this Quaker Bride series, I quite enjoyed this one, although I felt like there were some timeline gaps that maybe one day I can eventually fill by going back and reading the other stories so I can understand the main character more.  

Anyways, Faith is a beautifully written and thought out story. The author did her research and you could tell by how she kept the story historically correct. 

I felt like the main goal of the story was to find Shiloh, but so much other stuff was going on.  I felt like the characters were developed well but some parts of the war and battle struggles dragged on. At the end of the story, I wanted more.   

Faith Cathwell is a very strong and compassionate leading lady in this story. I fell in love with the relationship she formed with Dev and I hoped for more depth on the romance but it was very tasteful and appropriate for young readers. 

I would definitely consider reading more from this author. I rate this book a 4/5. 



*FTC DISCLAIMER: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Tyndale House in exchange for my honest review.*